If there is one piece of advice I would give to someone who wants to start a stay at home MLM business.that would be USE AN MLM COACH. Or at the very least be mentored by someone who has used an MLM coach.
They will give you an invaluable direction and guidance. If you’re anything like me when you started your MLM career, I had so much get up and go that I figured I didn’t need any help or instruction. But after a a month or two it was clear that I needed some consultation. I searched for one and I’m glad that I found someone. Everything you see in this website and blog, has been setup by my friend cum coach Sourav.
Using an MLM coach is the fastest way to decrease your learning curve, avoiding bad mistakes and get you where you want to go – which is a building a profitable home based business.
When I first started, Sourav took a look at my Facebook page, my squeeze pages. Everything that I was doing was wrong. I was doing everything similar to what everybody else was doing and that’s why the failure rate is so high for MLM. The money I spent on solo ads and all the spamming to Facebook groups just wasn’t cutting it. Hiring a coach gave me a new perspective and he showed me what I was doing wrong.
And then he started guiding me towards right direction.
Reasons to Use an MLM Coach:
There are many reasons to use an MLM coach, let me share a few:
- If your company is new, and there is no one experienced in MLM on board, then probably the training system of your company is not so strong or proven to produce long lasting results. But if you like the product and the compensation plan, and the culture of the company, you have an excellent chance to make a mark for yourself. All you need is right guidance to build the network. An MLM coach can help you with that.
- Even in companies with excellent training system, you might end up being recruited by a person who never paid attention to the training system. Or your upline might be a person who thing that he/she know better. No matter how noble their intention might be, they’ll end up misguiding you. That’s where an MLM coach can save you.
- With due respect to your uplines and my uplines, let me tell you a bitter truth. There are many distributors in our industry, who intentionally misguide their downlines for their personal benefits. Trust me you won’t even be able to understand that as you’ll be too brainwashed by their motivational talks. As the MLM coach is not from your upline or company, they’ll be more honest with you and guide you in the right direction.
- If you are not using technology and Social Media in building and running your MLM business, then you are missing great opportunities. But then again, if you get too busy to learn and use all these technological tools, then you’ll waste the valuable time that you could have used in your MLM business building activities. So what’s the solution? Use an MLM Coach, who actually understands how to blend technology and Social Media into our business model and can setup the structure for you and can teach you easily in shortest possible time how to use the structure.
- If you talk to most people who has tried (really worked hard) MLM but failed, you’ll find that the number 1 reason behind their failure was lack of right guidance. So you can understand how important it is to hire a coach.
Words of Caution:
Though using an MLM coach can be of great benefit for your business, but there are also some risks involved in it.
- Make sure you find the right person. Internet is full of self proclaimed MLM gurus and coaches who has no idea about our business model. They are just trying to sell some magical Internet Marketing system created by them. Stay away from them. ( If you’d rather prefer to be someone trustworthy, feel free to contact my coach cum friend Sourav. He refuses to call himself “coach” or “expert” or “Guru” . He says he is just sharing whatever he knows. )
- Your coach might warn you if you are in an MLM company that isn’t looking promising. But a right coach will never try to recruit you in some other specific programs.
- Be very clear to understand what you are paying for and what value you are going to get.
- Instead of paying a large money upfront, opt for small consultation sessions and/or services and see whether you are getting value.
- If the person claims to offer any ways through which you’ll succeed in your MLM business overnight or without significant effort, then you must be talking to the wrong person. ( Sourav is pushing me to work harder than ever)
- Take some time to research on the Coach before starting to work with them. Go through their website, Social Media profiles and see if you are getting a good feelings to work with that person.
I have already mentioned some very important lessons I got to learn from my coach in my previous post Worst MLM Prospecting Tips You Can Follow.
What do you think?
I’d love to know what you think about hiring an MLM coach? Do you think it is beneficial or do you think one should keep trying on their own? Did you ever hire any coach to guide you in your MLM business? How was your experience? I’d like to know. Please share in the comment section.