Blogging for MLM? Why on earth do you need to blog to succeed in your MLM business? Because blogging is the best way to share about not only your products or opportunity but also about yourself, so that people can connect to you at personal level. Contrary to popular practice of bombarding people with “get-rich-overnight” sales pitches, blogging helps your prospects see the real side of you and your MLM business.
What is MLM?
Borrowing my friend and MLM coach Sourav‘s definition
Read more from MLM / Direct Selling / Network Marketing page.
Old School vs Modern MLM Strategies
Now, the old school ways were the traditional hotel meetings or coffee shop meetings or the dreaded warm market list of family and friends. But nowadays with the advent of the Internet, the world has suddenly become a much smaller place. It’s also become a much more cost effective way to reach out into the world and enroll prospects from anywhere in the country or even the entire globe.
Why Should You Start Blogging for MLM
- I’ve already written a post Blogging For Business – 6 Ways It Can Help Your Brand so obviously just like any other business, blogging can help a lot in your MLM business to. And being an Independent Business Owner, blogging will help most in building your personal brand.
- Would you like if someone you don’t know jump on you offering you a life changing business plan or miracle product? So would you like to do that to someone? Unfortunately that’s one of the Worst MLM prospecting tips most distributors get. Isn’t it much better to connect with like minded people discussing about common interests? What can be a better platform for that than your own blog?
- Instead of trying to hard sell your product or MLM business, isn’t it better to educate people through your blog?
- Regular blog posts will give a reason to visitors to come back to your websites again and again. And if they find value from what you share, and develop a trust with you as the author of the blog, then don’t you think they’ll be more likely to take a look at what you do, or what you have to offer?
- People are always searching for information, solutions to their problems online. If you write blog posts providing valuable information for a group of people, or providing solutions to some particular problems, many people might find your blog from Search Engines like Google. They’d love to say you thanks or connect with you. More connections you have, better chance you have of succeeding in MLM business.
- Blogging helps you immensely to think and write better. Surprisingly that improves your communication skill too. ( If you start video blogging, you’ll be able to improve your communication skill more). I am sure I don’t need to tell you how beneficial it would be for your MLM business and every aspects of life.
- How many times can you explain your opportunity per day? 24? 1 presentation / hour without eating, sleeping. 48? 2 presentations/ hour. I am sure not more than that. But imagine running a popular blog (it will take some time though) getting 1,000 unique visitors everyday. If 10% of these visitors take a look at the pages where you’ve given information about your products & opportunity, your blog site is giving 100 presentations/ day on behalf of you. Your blog will be working for you even when you are sleeping.
- There are lots of lies and hype around our MLM industry. Some people who don’t have any idea and/or failed in this business, keep badmouthing this industry. Some people within this industry constantly lure people portraying it as a “get-rich-quick” scheme, which it isn’t. So when you blog about your reasons to join MLM, what you are learning, what kind of changes you are having in your life, what challenges you are facing day to day, people get to see the real side of the industry. Your blog will not only help to build credibility of yourself, but also the whole industry.
- When you start blogging, you become a part of the coolest tribe online “Bloggers”. Take this secret from me: Bloggers are going to be your best prospects for your MLM business. Probably they are already running Home Based Business. So they’d be more open to take a look at another Home Based Business concept. They already have a massive loyal prospect list (their readers) and also a network of other bloggers.
How to Setup an Appropriate Blog for Your MLM Business
Now this is where most distributors get stuck or get misguided. Please note: What works for Internet Marketing doesn’t work for Network Marketing.
I am trying to give a basic idea of the Setup process that Sourav has done for me. If you don’t like to spend too much time on these technical things, you can do what I did – let Sourav do the setup for you and explain you how to use the structure.
- Get a good web hosting service and a domain name: Sourav highly recommended Bluehost (go for the Unlimited Sites, Unlimited Space plan), so I am using that. You’ll also get the domain name for free for 1 year. [ Though I don’t recommend you to use free blogging platforms, but incase you are out of budget start for free with WordPress.com blog but shift to Self hosted WordPress as soon as possible]
- Keep the domain name personal: Preferably yourname.com
- Install WordPress. [ You can learn from WordPress tutorials online ]
- Buy a premium Genesis theme from Studiopress. Install the theme.
- Now customize the look and the feel of your blog site as you wish. [ Don’t forget to change Setting > Permalink structure to http://www.yourname.com/sample-post ]
- Create important pages:
- Home Page: Overview of your entire site.
- About Page: Very important. Share your story in a way that captivates readers and compel them to get in touch with you. Take a look at the About page in Sourav’s website.
- Products Page:
- Work With Me Page: Share your business opportunity or embed your Landing Page using iFrame.
- Store Page: Embed your company provided personalized store from which visitors can order your products directly.
- Contact Page: Give your contact options clearly and precisely.
- Blog Page: Where all your blog posts will show up with their featured images and small excerpt.
- Start Blogging: Now the most important part – start creating new blog posts.
- Learn how to use the different sections of the WordPress editor:
- Menu buttons
- Visual body area
- HTML body area.
- Publish box
- Featured image
- Learn how to use WordPress SEO plugin to write a Search Engine Optimized blog post.
- Create blog graphics using Canva.
- Remember few good practices:
- Write the blog posts in small paragraphs.
- Use Heading tags (Heading 1 , Heading 2 … Heading 6 ) to organize the content
- Use bullet points whenever appropriate.
- Write as if you are talking to the reader personally and individually.
- Choose 1 single topic for each blog post (e.g. either about MLM or your baby, not both). Keep the keyword of that topic on title and url of the blog post.
- Always end the blog post with initiating a conversation.
- Now start writing blog posts and keep scheduling. [ 1/week is enough]
- Now start sharing your website address, or individual blog posts with people offline and online.
- Learn how to use the different sections of the WordPress editor:
Now it’s impossible to teach you everything within this space. But I just gave you an idea to start with.
Feeling overwhelmed? Well I understand. I felt the same. But then when Sourav did the setup for me and showed me how to do things, I just focused on creating quality blog posts, sharing online, and connecting with people.
What Can I Blog About?
Now this is another question, that frightens most people. “What can I possibly write about?” .
Write about anything and everything that you are passionate about.
That’s a good place to start.
Let me give you some post ideas:
- X Reasons Why I Prefer to Work From Home
- X Things You’ll Be Able to Do if You Can Work From Home
- X Reasons to Spend More time With Your Kids than at Work
- How Working From Home Improves Your Relationship With Your Spouse
- Why Job Wasn’t Enough for Me
- X Things I Love About Network Marketing
- X Things I Learned From Network Marketing
- X Things I Would Do After Earning 1 Million $
- Why I Prefer Direct Selling Than Traditional Marketing
- Why Should You Trust Recommendation more Than Advertisements
- X Lessons I Learned in Last Y Years of My Life
- X Lessons I Wish I Had Learned in My School
- X Tips for Being a Stay At Home Super Dad
- X Things You Can Do With a Healthier Brain
- X Things You’ll Miss In Life Without a Healthy Brain
- X Lessons I Learned from ABC Movie
- How ABC Book Opened My Eyes.
- X Ways Your Pet Can Help You Live Better
- Can We Have It All? Time, money, health, relationships?
Keep your eyes and ears open and get blog posts ideas. Connect with people. Engage with their posts. Pay attention to find out what are the problems they are facing. Try to give solution to those. Find out what are their dreams, and then try to write a post on how to achieve those dreams.
Are Your Blogging for Your MLM Business?
I’d love to know, are you already blogging for your MLM business? Did you find this post useful? Let me know if you face any problem in any steps mentioned above. Sourav and me will help you as much as possible. Leave your blog address in the comment section, I’d love to take a look.