So, you want to be a basement entrepreneur eh? Basement entrepreneur doesn’t sound like a bad concept. 30 second commute to your workplace, breaks whenever you want, not too far fetched or out of the question. Now with the world wide web part of our daily lives making a fortune is certainly within all our finger tips.
I’ve already written on Why Working from Home is Better. Let me share some more thought on this:
What do you Need to be a Basement Entrepreneur?
1. I have An idea!
Now all you need is to come up with a product or service.
- Whats is it going to be? An information product or a product you can feel and handle?
- What’s your target market?
- Does it need start up capital?
See if you have an idea, start working on it. Start your business from your basement if you can’t afford a business establishment. Just start.
Do you know there are many World famous companies that actually started from basements (or garages)?
- Harley Davidson
- Hewlett-Packard (HP) & many others!
You might end up another addition to that list.
2. I Don’t Have An Idea!
But I want to be an Basement Entrepreneur. How Can I?
There is a way. Why not choose an MLM Company ( ← Click here if you don’t know what MLM is)? Let me give you a simple definition borrowing from my friend Sourav:
Be Careful While Choosing an MLM Company
There are so many MLM companies ( & scams pretending to be MLM) out there. How does one decipher the good from the bad? Scams to legitimate ones. One must do their due diligence and see which business opportunity is worthwhile and which are not.
Things You Need to Keep in Mind While Choosing an MLM Company
- Is it fun?
- Does it have potential?
- Is it a company that you can be proud to be a part of?
- Sustainability. Who wants to market an opportunity and see it close down 6 months or a year down the road.
- Are the corporate owners experienced enough? I had this one criteria I looked for when I joined Brain Abundance. I looked for a young company preferably right out of pre launch founded by people having rich experience in the industry.
Fancy Being an Basement Entrepreneur?
What about you? Have you ever fancied being a Basement Entrepreneur? Started your venture or joined any MLM company? How are you doing in that? I’d love to know! Feel free to leave your comments.