Captain obvious here for some obvious methods of what to do and what not to do about advertising your MLM opportunity. You know how we represent our industry no only determines our personal success or failure, but also affect the reputation of our industry.
Incase you don’t know what MLM is, read the page Network Marketing / Direct Selling / MLM.
5 Advertising Dos and Don’ts
- Firstly, never use Facebook to spam your link to business opportunity type of groups. Everybody there is going to be doing exactly the same thing. Posting your link and leaving is useless. Even if you are lucky to get a lead or two, eventually they are going to ask you if you want to join their opportunity. They were never interested in your opportunity all along. Captain obvious says to use Facebook to build relationships and trust with fellow Facebook users.
- Captain obvious also says never buy business opportunity type of leads. That’s another useless method that won’t get you nowhere. All that will do is make your wallet lighter, waste your time and it will disappoint you. Eventually make you jaded about this industry. Which will be too bad because when it’s done right the rewards in this industry are great. You can read more about it from Worst MLM Prospecting Tips You Can Follow.
- Captain obvious says to realize that to make it in MLM you need to build a team. When I say building a team it means just that, building. This business is about leverage and takes time to make the leverage going for you. Put your time in and the cheques will come in.
- The Captain also says to choose the company and products wisely. They are the meat and potatoes of any MLM company.
- Captain obvious also says if you’re using blogs to get people into your Business. Blog about generic non specific topics. If you blog about the same topic all the time. Like how great your company is or how great the products are. You will repel people.
Few More bonus Points:
- Never use hype to promote your business. No lies, no exaggeration. Truth about our industry is good enough.
- Don’t try to impress people with fascinating information without checking its authenticity. Like “Bill Gates said that he would have preferred Network Marketing if he had to build his wealth again”. He never said that. Another popular one is “Network Marketing is being taught at Harvard”. Not it isn’t. It deserve to be taught at Harvard and all great universities, but it’s not being taught just because of these popular unethical practices in our industry.
- To advertise your products and business, you don’t have to say negative things about other companies. For our industry to grow, we need to grow together.
- Stop targeting distributors from other companies. Your best prospects are those who has never been to MLM or looking for fresh start in the industry.
- Captain obvious also suggests you to watch this amusing video from one of the most respected leaders in our industry – Richard Brooke. It’s a real eye opener.
So how do you advertise for your MLM Business?
Captain obvious is curious to know how do you advertise your MLM business and how is that working for you?
OK, there he goes. Sailing away to the oceanic world of home based businesses. Maybe Captain obvious will be back soon to blog again.